Are you smart, driven, have strong communication skills and a desire to learn and master new skills? We have a job opening for a Marketing Coordinator in a fun and exciting small business.
Dear Prospective Marketing Coordinator,
Santa Rosa Strength and Conditioning is a community-minded athletic training facility dedicated to making people’s lives better, and we truly love what we do. If you are interested in working for a business that cares about people and helps them live healthier, happier lives – you have found it. Our company’s core values include: Service, Personal Growth, Challenge, and Professional Development. We have a great staff and great clientele of fun and interesting people that are bonded over our common interest in a healthy lifestyle.
As our business continues to grow, so do our staffing needs. We have created a new position in our organizational chart, and are looking for an organized, smart, and driven person to be our first Marketing Coordinator. We are looking for someone that is excited to learn new things, get to work and see results!
The majority of your time working can be at home. You should be able to write easily and well, from blog posts to newsletters to email communications. You should be organized and able to manage your time well, as you’ll be juggling multiple projects at once. You should be able to learn new software and technology, as a VERY big part of this job includes learning Infusionsoft and designing email campaigns in it. You should have at least some very basic experience with html and websites, as you’ll be managing our blog and our landing pages. You should be excited by the idea of creating visual ads and communications using anything from Adobe to Canva to PicMonkey, or whatever software works best for the task and you. You should feel totally comfortable with the world of social media, including Instagram, facebook, twitter, and want to learn more about how to harness the power of social media for the growth of our company. You should be excited by the idea of representing this company in person at networking events.
You will report directly to the owner, and will work closely with our administrative and sales staff. We will provide a ton of training for the job, but it will be up to you to learn the skills, apply them, and work hard to achieve results. We are offering a base salary for this position, with bonuses available based on measurable results. Provide results for the company and you can expect to make much more than the base salary.
Here are some of the tasks we’ll need you to do:
- Marketing Calendar Planning, Reporting, and Evaluations. Help plan the annual marketing calendar and campaigns with owner; participate in quarterly reviews and planning; create and maintain a reports binder to track all data; produce weekly and monthly reports for analysis; meet weekly to analyze and evaluate data.
- Create, Implement, Test and Evaluate Marketing Campaigns. Design each campaign in a spreadsheet; manage all aspects of each campaign: design in Infusionsoft, write copy, create landing page, schedule campaign, schedule and design social media, etc; monitor and evaluate campaign’s effectiveness using data, and revise as needed.
- Create and Distribute Email and Print Newsletters. This includes the content, layout, and distribution of a monthly email newsletter and a quarterly print newsletter.
- Infusionsoft Design and Monitoring. Design and arrange Infusionsoft tracking and dashboard to be most efficient for SRSC use in converting prospects to clients; watch videos, attend webinars and workshops for improving SRSC’s use of Infusionsoft.
- Social Media and Website. Schedule and layout blog posts; use facebook, instagram, our website and any other social media to attract new leads, promote our business, and market our campaigns; track all results and evaluate effectiveness.
- Networking and Public Relations. Write and send Press Releases; reach out to other businesses for networking and public speaking opportunities; publicize our marketing events to the wider world, using media outlets and partners; represent SRSC professionally at public events and networking opportunities as needed.
SRSC will provide training to get you going. However, to qualify for this position, we need the following already in place:
–Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills. You need to write well and be articulate. If you can’t explain the difference between ‘your’ and ‘you’re’ or ‘it’s’ and ‘its’ and generally mix them up and rely on spellcheck to catch your errors, please don’t apply. If researching the benefits of the squat and writing a blog post about why everyone should squat sounds daunting or time-consuming for you, please don’t apply.
–Organization and Time Blocking Skills. You’ll be spreading your time out between weekly, monthly, and quarterly tasks and various projects, so you need to already know how to block your time for efficiency. You should also have a clean, orderly working environment to facilitate getting shit done.
–The Ability to Learn New Technology. I don’t care if you’re an old dog as long as you can learn new tricks. Infusionsoft is a beast, but it’s an incredibly powerful tool. This is just one piece of software we need you to pick up and run with.
–Sharpness, Assertiveness, and Awareness. We’re looking for someone bright, ready for a challenge, motivated to achieve, aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses, and with the power to speak up and lead the marketing division of SRSC.
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person as soon as possible. If you’re interested in this position, please email me the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you are the right person to fill this position.
- Two writing samples plus any sample of graphic design or layout you’ve done
- Three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, college professor, etc).
- Your Resumé/C.V.
Email these things to me at info(at)santarosasc(dot)com with the subject line: “SRSC Marketing Coordinator Application”. I will review your application materials and if I feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview.
The sooner I get your application materials, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process as I will be taking action quickly. I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally.
Thank you very much for your interest,
Owner, Santa Rosa Strength and Conditioning
P.S. This is not a corporate job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner and you will work closely with me. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough – performance, initiative and drive are what matters to me. I want to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to the growth of the business. If that’s you, the base salary is simply a starting point. I recognize and reward performance.